Monday, December 13, 2010

Weekend recap

My sweet grandparents spent four days with me last week, which was a total blast. We kept it pretty low key, but it was so nice, especially with our freezing temperatures last week.

The hubs was out of town on a business trip, so it was really nice to have Grandy and Papa around.

We ate at some of my favorite spots last week:
Loafin' Joe's


Monte Ne Inn Chicken (or simply Monte Ne Chicken)
Photo from the Arkansas Times via Google Images

and Osegueras
Best Food in Arkansas
Photo from Osegueras' website

These oh-so-good restaurants were a great place to catch up and grab a delicious bite. We asked Richard and Brenda, our family members on Papa's side, to join us at Monte Ne for the family style dining. I thought I'd never eat again.

Grandy and I did a little Christmas shopping at Sam's and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We also made a delicious chocolate cheesecake (while in our jammies), my favorite dessert.


Unfortunately, though, I awoke at 4:45 a.m. Thursday morning and threw my guts up all day. Alas, it was the dreaded stomach virus. I missed two days of work, and it took me a third day to really recover. I took it easy this weekend and was back to my old self by Sunday afternoon.

Sunday night, we ate at our church friends' home, played games and simply enjoyed spending time together.

We've got a busy rest of the week. I'll try to remember to snap a few photos along the way. Can you believe Christmas is right around the corner? 12 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment